Thomas (Tom) LePage FRI, CPM, ARP, CMOC, RCM
firstname.lastname@example.org : 705 441 3529
Highlight of Qualifications
- Extensive 30+ year experience in condominium and property industry; property management, shared facilities management, building operations, resident relations, finance and most important – people management
- Excellent financial and analytical skills developed through the budget process, yearly and monthly financial reporting and evaluation for condominium Board of Directors and stakeholders
- Well-developed supervisory skill-set with experience overseeing operations, systems and requirements for simultaneous properties
- Collaborative team player recognized for authenticate and transparent communication
- Experienced in active liaison with Board of Directors, condo residents and various stakeholders; conducted successful negotiations with third parties on behalf of clients
The University of Windsor, Faculty of Law Alternative Dispute Resolution – ADR Workshop 2010
Real Estate Institute of Canada, Certified Manager of Condominiums – C.M.O.C. 2003, Associate Reserve Planner ARP 2000
Institute of Real Estate Management Certified Property Manager Designation – CPM® 1988
Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario, Registered Condominium Manager Designation – RCM 1986
Real Estate Institute of Canada, Fellow of the Real Estate Institute Designation – FRI 1984
George Brown College, Toronto, Ontario, Property Management Honours Diploma P.M.D. 1982 -1984
Ontario Real Estate Association, Toronto, Ontario, Real Estate Broker’s License, 1979-2008
Condominium Consulting, 2011 – Present
- Founded Condo-Ology® and Condo-Ology® Principles for the promotion of transparent accountability and Owners engagement for the enhancement of communal real estate ownership.
- Providing independent consultation and mentorship to managers and board members
- Assisting Corporations in determining the requirements for managers and aiding in the selection process with ongoing monitoring and follow-up for guaranteed results.
- Auditing condominium corporations’ operations including developing rules and regulations, determining best practices for meeting board goals and objectives, streamlining communications processes and ensuring transparency across all parties
- An example of work: Facilitated the amalgamation of three Condominium Corporations’ into one; including Condominium Owner development of all new governing documents (Declaration; By-law and Rules and Regulations) by the objectives of Condo-Ology®.
Committee Member March 2014 – August 2016
Real Estate Institute of Canada (REIC)
Certified Reserve Planner (CRP) Steering Committee
- Selected to serve on the committee because of my Accredited Reserve Planner (ARP) designation which is the lesser of the two designations.
- Review best practices and legislation compliance
- Assure the CRP designation represents the REIC level of experience
Committee Member March 2015 – September 2015
Town of Collingwood, Ontario
Community-Based Strategic Plan Steering Committee
- Selected to serve on the committee because of my expertise in the servicing of Condominium Owners
- Plan will have long-range components, medium-term aspects, and short-term actions
- The priorities and action plans will be used by staff to prepare their annual department budgets.
- Performance measures must also be a feature of the Plan to enable Council and staff to monitor the Plan’s implementation annually.
Advisory Panel Participant, January 2014 – March 2014 and June 2016 (Follow-up)
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, Toronto, Ontario
- Selected to serve on a five-day panel discussing condominium managers’ qualifications and mandatory licensing regime in Ontario
- Panel was facilitated by, consultants to the Ministry, to support the update of the Condominium Act
President, 1989 – 2011
Thomas William LePage Management Inc., Collingwood, Ontario
- Provided proactive and reactive communications with all internal and external stakeholders; ongoing newsletters, 24/7 resident assistance, and development of agendas, notices, proxies and management reports for Board of Directors and Annual General Board Meetings
- Managed all vendors; tradespersons, grounds maintenance staff, lawyers, auditors, engineers, reserve fund study authors and recreational workers
- Simultaneously developed annual budgets for Board of Director approvals for up to 33 corporations and shared facilities; assisted with the preparation of all financial documentation throughout the year including monthly financial reports
- Included in the 33 corporations was one community which included 19 condominium corporation, 576 units and a Shared Facilities/HOA that governed all 100 acres of grounds, mile of shoreline and numerous amenities such as three outdoor pools, nine tennis courts, 16,000 sq ft recreation center (indoor pool etc.) and a 245 mooring marina with club house
- Served as consultant to various developers when establishing pre-market budgets and related condominium documentation
- Prepared Status Certificates for prospective owners and mortgagees, and Reserve Fund Summaries for Owners
- Acted as representative for diverse condominium corporation clientele in various legal and insurance claims
- Assisted Board of Directors in the selection of vendors; based on individual requirements and timelines
- Liaised with real estate professionals including lawyers, engineers, and government agencies from local municipal planning departments to the provincially supervised Municipal Property Assessment Corporation
Columnist, 2012 – 2013
Sun Media, Enterprise Bulletin, Collingwood, Ontario
- Bylined bi-weekly articles discussing opportunities for the condominium industry
Testimonial Letters and direct contact information of current and recent clients are available by contacting me at email@example.com.